I was having a hard day on Monday... I stayed up too late and I am not sleeping anymore anyways because of the amount of pain I am in (Tylenol is NOT strong enough), so I was cranky. The kids decided that a nap was NOT necessary. I was REALLY looking forward to nap time on this particular day and it was just not working.
Then Mindy, friend/neighbor called out of the blue and invited us to dinner. She said they had a coupon from Macey's and bought a family size lasagna that came with salad, bread, and ice cream and they couldn't eat it all. I said, yes, of course.
I was so happy to not have to worry about dinner that night. Dinner time is not my favorite. I do not like to cook, planning what to cook is the worst, and trying to cook a meal while both kids are standing at my feet crying is not so fun.
I was so grateful for the Grovers on Monday. We had a lot of fun getting to know them better, and Mindy made us an excellent dessert.
When we were leaving Mindy said they were wondering who they should invite over to help eat all the food and they thought of us because she figured I would like a break from cooking right now. Boy was she right and it was a great day to not cook too.
So, thank you Ryan, Mindy, Ally, and Tanner for having us over to eat all your food, jump on your couches, spill on your carpet, play with your toys, and make a mess of your house! We enjoyed hanging out, eating, and playing a game.
Dropping Nate off at TAMU
3 weeks ago



3 comments:
What a thoughtful friend, sorry you are in pain. I hope you get feeling better..
Are good friends wonderful. Can't wait to see you soon and help you!
Aww! That makes me so happy that it was such a relief for you! We've been wanting to invite you guys over and the opportunity just presented itself. Anyway, you are more than welcome and we had fun having you guys over! Didn't mind spills and messes one bit!!
Post a Comment