Monday, August 24, 2009

Mosquito Attack

Daniel is always going outside after the kids go to bed (they go to bed at 7:30pm) to do yard work. I went out with him Saturday night to try and help him catch up and it was starting to get dark. I started feeling itchy and Daniel said it was all in my head. I am paranoid of bugs so I just kept working. A short time later I was really itching and going crazy. I thought I was allergic to something. I told Daniel that I had to go in. I ran in the house and saw all the welts. I have like 30 mosquito bites. This picture is of one side of my leg just to give you a good idea of what I look like. One of the bites on my bicep swelled up so big that it actually looks like I have a big bicep muscle!

11 comments:

Brittany said...

I guess that is why they call our state bird the mosquito? I am so sorry! They look so painful and itcy. I HATE mosquito bites. Matt gets mad at me cuz I scratch til I bleed...but I have no self control when it comes to them!

Kim said...

That looks awful. That is the worst. I hope they stop itching soon.

Michael and Megan said...

You poor thing! No more yard work for you!

Toni said...

Oh, Sheena, you poor thing!! You need to buy some inspect repellant for next time - if there is a next time. I feel so sorry for you. Once you start scratching, you can't stop. Is this what Daniel was laughing about?

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Henderson Family said...

More like it's all in your leg, not in your head!!! Holy Cow! When are the bugs going to leave you along? It's like they know you don't like them, so they just love to "BUG" you!!! AHHHHH!

Sorry about the deleted comment that was me. I was signed in with the wrong ID

Erin said...

GASP!
holy crap. that itches just looking at it. Im soooo sorry. Oh that just looks painful. Youre a good wife to go help in the yard though.

Lindsay said...

haha oh my gosh sheena! I am itchy just looking at this picture!

Dave& Jaime Adams said...

OH MY HECK!!!!! That looks miserable. I am sorry that can not be fun. No wonder you wrote the Calamine lotion song on my wall the other day, you really needed some. Sorry!!!

Williamson Fam said...

OH my GOSH!!!!That is so bad, i'm so sorry, but on a brighter note under those welts you have really HOT legs...

Jen said...

YIKES! That looks horrible! Are you allergic to them? I am and sometimes they swell up really big and other times they don't. When I was little a mosquito bit me near my eye and I woke up with a swollen shut eye. I didn't want to go to church because we were visiting so I didn't know anyone. My uncle tried to get me to wear sunglasses but I thought that was dumb to wear them inside. I ended up going with a cold wet washcloth that I held to my eye. Can you tell I was scarred from that incident! :) I hope you feel better soon!!!