Monday, June 14, 2010

Daniel's Birthday!

We celebrated Daniel's birthday on June 2nd. The kids were so excited for his birthday. Daniel doesn't really care about gifts and there was nothing he wanted that was in our budget so I took the kids to the store and let them each pick him a present that was under a certain amount of money. It was really funny and they were very excited. They also ended up telling him what each present was before he opened it. I kept telling them that is was supposed to be a secret, but at least they lasted until we were getting ready to celebrate. I was surprised they lasted that long.
Staucie got him a little stuffed pony. Parker got him two race cars from the movie Cars. Bensen got him a small soccer ball. These are their most favorite things: ponies, cars, and balls. And Addie and I got him a movie.

We also made him a cake and since I baked a cake and a ham, the kitchen was super hot with the oven being on so long. The frosting was melting off the cake as I frosted it. So, I stuck the frosting in the freezer for a little bit and then quickly re-frosted the melted cake and put it in the fridge until after dinner.
I made one of his favorite meals: spiral ham, mashed potatoes, and corn. After they opened presents Daniel played cars and ponies with the kids until they went to bed. He is such a good dad. The kids LOVED his birthday.
Addie was a big partier.
Bensen was doing his tricks.
Please excuse my boys and their underware and diaper bums. Parker never wears pants and Bensen had some shorts on in the beginning but I guess they fell off because they are now missing for this picture :) He is skinny and loses his shorts sometimes.
Happy Belated Birthday, My Love!

6 comments:

Brittney said...

That sounds like so much fun!!! I bet those were Daniels favorite birthday presents he's ever received!! And who he received them from, really is what makes all the difference.

Williamson Fam said...

How fun, you guy are always partying it up there..Fun times!

Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday to Daniel! Wish I was there to celebrate with you guys, that is too cute that the kids picked out the gifts and got what they wanted hehe, but I am sure daniel will play with them all anyway.

Brittany said...

Happy Birthday Daniel! Glad we got to get icees together to celebrate. Love you!

Amy/Austin said...

Happy Birthday Daniel! Oh my goodness, I can't believe we missed it. I'm glad you had a fun time together. I love the new picture of the 4 kids at the top of your blog! We miss all of you!!

Toni said...

Glad you had such a fun party. It's so cute that they picked their favorite things to give their Daddy. How special. I love seeing Parker in his big boy undies. How's the toilet training going? Won't tha be another BIG milestone in your lives?