Sunday, September 18, 2011

First Day of School 2011

Staucie started her first day of Kindergarten on Monday, August 22, 2011. It is ALL day Kindergarten. I just don't feel that these little ones need to be away from me ALL day. I wish it was half day for Kindergartners. But our miss Staucie has loved it. She was already a morning person and is usually awake when it is time to get ready. I feed her breakfast and pack her lunch. And then throw them all in the car at 7:15am and drive to the school. We get back at about 8:00am. She has school from 7:45am - 2:45pm. We leave at about 2:15 to go get her. We park nearby and walk to get her so we don't have to wait in the car line. We are tired of the car and it is only September. But we will do anything for our Staucie. We haven't been doing the bus because she would be on it for an hour each way. Maybe someday when she is older. We will see... She is a sweetheart and we miss her during the day.
 Parker started is second year of Preschool with Miss Candy on Tuesday, September 6, 2011. He loves it! In this picture, he shows how he does not like the sun. I did move him into the shade, but he is still squinting. Cutie. Hopefully he will do well this year and be ready to start Kindergarten next year! He goes twice a week. (which means more of being in the car.)
My babies are growing up. What a different life it is to have to be responsible now. I can't have lazy mornings. We have to get up and get someone to school now. The time has flown by and we are entering a new part of life. I am glad the kids are enjoying this school year so far. All I want is for them to be happy. That's what all "this" is for :)

5 comments:

Ashley said...

you are such a good mommy sheena!! What a change to have to get your kids to school! Im not sure i will look forward to that! Love your sweet kids!

Grandma Irene said...

Staucie & Parker, you are growing up too fast for Grandma Irene (Grams). Kindergarten for you, Staucie -- you have lots of cousins in Kindergarten, you know -- Ellie, Hannah & Sadie! I hope I haven't forgotten anyone! And Park, you are in your second year of pre-school -- what a cute boy you are!!

Grandma Irene said...

Staucie & Parker, you are growing up too fast for Grandma Irene (Grams). Kindergarten for you, Staucie -- you have lots of cousins in Kindergarten, you know -- Ellie, Hannah & Sadie! I hope I haven't forgotten anyone! And Park, you are in your second year of pre-school -- what a cute boy you are!!

grandma irene said...

Sheena, I am so sorry you have having a lot of joint pain -- that is no fun!! We are praying for you! Love, Grandma Irene

Anonymous said...

Well -- here I am again. Staucie, I forgot that you have one more cute little cousin in Kindergarten this year -- Skye in New Mexico, and her sister, Larkin, is going to pre-school for the first time. Now there are 5 little cousins going to Kindergarten this year!! Christen & baby Blake are flying up here to Utah to stay with us for a few days, and we are so excited about that. Love you! Grandma Irene