Saturday, November 6, 2010

San Antonio

The week before Halloween, I went with Daniel to San Antonio for work. My mom flew out to be with our kids. Daniel went last year at the same time and so we planned this trip a long time ago. We left Wednesday at noon and were supposed to come back Friday night. But, our ward Halloween/Trunk-or-treat party was Friday night and Daniel wouldn't be done with his meetings in time to drive back. I didn't want the kids to miss trick-or-treating since Halloween was on Sunday so I ended up flying home Friday morning.

Anyways, while we were in San Antonio we had dinner with Daniel's boss and his wife on Wednesday when we got there before they drove back to Houston. Then we walked around The Riverwalk. Thursday while Daniel was at his meetings, I tried to sleep in, but it wasn't happening. I lazily got ready for the day and then went and walked around the mall, for some lunch, and took it back to the hotel to eat, watch tv, and read.
I even soaked my tendonitis/arthritis feet, that haven't recovered yet from my pregnancy, in a hot bath while I sat on a towel on the toilet and read. It felt nice.

When Daniel got back to the hotel, we went and watched Toy Story 3 in 3-D at the Imax theater and then had dinner on The Riverwalk. It was a nice little trip and it ended too soon.



Cute 3-D glasses.
Daniel trying to decide what to eat.
Thanks mom for coming. It was so fun to hang out with you!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

we love san antonio! we were there last christmas. glad you got a little time away from the kids. it sounds like fun, even if it was for work. : )

Brittany said...

The riverwalk looks beautiful. I need to make Matt take me there!