For Staucie's birthday I convinced Daniel to take the day off since he has a couple floating holidays at the beginning of the year. The first thing Staucie got to do was open one present, which was a dress and headband. She loves dresses and wanted it on immediately, along with the headband. Then her and Parker went to run errands with Daniel. They picked up Aunt Brittany and Noah on their way back and they came over to play. They played while Daniel mowed the lawn and then had lunch. While the boys took a nap, Daniel and Staucie went to the store to get a helium balloon and the cake topper, and took Brittany and Noah home.
Then we decorated the cake. I wanted to be boring and make cupcakes, but Staucie insisted on a princess Tinker Bell cake. Aunt Tyne usually makes her cakes, but this year I had to do it. So here is what I did with a butter knife and a plastic bag.
After both boys were up, we decided to go look at some model homes. The kids LOVE to run up and down the stairs of the homes and they like that the houses are big. Then we came home and had dinner. Staucie asked for BROCCOLI and GREEN BEANS for dinner. That was all she wanted. So, I added some other things to our dinner. After dinner, Staucie impatiently waited and waited for Matt, Brittany, and Noah to come over so she could FINALLY open her presents. She was going nuts! (Bensen has a big bruise on his forehead from falling on his face on the driveway Saturday evening.)
We sang 'Happy Birthday.'
Then, FINALLY, ripped into the PRESENTS!
Staucie got mostly ponies for her birthday. My parents sent her a My Little Pony house for her birthday. They all love to play with it.
She has taken an interest in ponies and horses lately. She reminds me of her Aunt Tyne all the time. She exchanged one of her ponies for a Sleeping Beauty Barbie that goes in the bath tub.
Staucie wanted vanilla ice cream, a vanilla cake with vanilla frosting. And of course she ate all her broccoli and beans for dinner, but didn't want her cake, just the ice cream. She never wants to eat the cake, she just wants me to make the cake. Silly girl. The boys and I like cake though, I think Daniel would prefer ice cream too.




13 comments:
What a fun celebration. And the cake looks awesome.
Oh that looks like so much fun!!! I really wish that you lived here so that KM and Staucie could play princesses and dressups and ponies together. They would be such good friends. Happy Birthday Staucie!!!
Happy birthday staucie! I think the cake looked pretty dang good! What a fun day!
It sounds like a great b-day! You did a GREAT job with the cake! I'm so impressed! Your kids are really cute. :) I love that Staucie wanted green beans and broccoli but no cake. LOL!
What a fun birthday for a cute 4 year old! Can't believe it's been 4 years since we all started this motherhood journey together. And that is an AWESOME cake!
Glad she had a fun birthday! You did such a great job on her cake...I wish I was that creative!
I think you did fantastic on that cake!! Tyne would be proud :)
ill eat some of that cake!! I love staucie's dress!!! so so cute. Man, she is growing up. Happy birthday to her!
Awesome cake!
Happy birthday Staucie!
Tell Staucie to stop growing up. She's so darling and such a girly girl!! The cake looked GREAT!! Tyne must have taught you well. Wish we could have been there to celebrate. We love all the pictures.
Oh I love Staucie's headband and dress, she looks so adorable and getting so old! All your kids are looking so cute and old. I love that cute, how adorable!
Wish we were closer to share all the fun memories. Your family is precious!
Sheena I am proud of your cake, and proud that Staucie loves ponies and that she is a girly girl. I told her that we are best friends and its true because we love the same stuff. And I've played dress up and ponies with her:)
Post a Comment