Coloring and painting is always fun. Bensen always wants to join in. He gets really excited about coloring but likes to eat the crayons too. He squeals with delight when he sees the crayons. I try to get him to keep his pacifier in his mouth so he doesn't stick the crayons in., but eventually he does.
The other day when the kids were painting, Bensen was sleeping, I was noticing how different they are when they create. Parker is very concerned with matching the colors. He also does little strokes and paints one area at a time. Staucie mixes all the colors together, uses big blobs, and smears paint everywhere.
Staucie's.......................Parker's.
We decided to give in and throw a "friend party" for Staucie since she has been invited to some. I didn't really feel up to it and have never done one before. It was also not part of the budget, but we did it anyways and I was glad we did.
.
I was worried about how Staucie would do. She was really excited to have all her friends over to play, but she is SO shy. Even when a friend comes over to her house to play she takes awhile to warm up. And the birthday parties that she has gone to, she wanted me to stay and barely participated in anything.
.
She surprised us though and was her normal self. She played, talked, and was in the middle of everything. I was so glad she had fun. Fortunately it was a beautiful day so we spent most of the time outside playing games. We even had them eat their cupcakes outside. Daniel did most of the games, and I ended up holding Bensen for most of the time.
.
The only pictures I got were of her ripping into her presents and her friends watching.

She got a lot of girly stuff and was so happy!
Sometimes I don't put Parker down for a nap. The other day he crashed on the couch while watching a movie with Staucie.
Today I didn't let him take a nap because he wouldn't go to bed last night. He was real tired and passed out at dinner. He got left at the table because he hadn't finished his dinner. I saw him lay his head down and knew he was going to fall asleep. Poor kid. We woke him up really quick and had Family Night and he fell asleep really fast tonight, along with Staucie. Just how I like it.




7 comments:
Wow she has allot of friends, how fun for her..
i know staucie is alot her dad, but she still does things like her mom and it is a fun reminder to me of how her mom was at her age. love you all...
i love parker passed out at the dinner table!! Man, you won't find me sleeping while there's food on my plate!
Parker really reminds me of Shea sometimes....Must be some kind of family resemblance?
I can't believe how big your kids are getting, I really hope I get to come visit in May. Love you
Looks like a fun birthday party. Wow, she has lots of friends. What fun memories you are making. Gotta love that sleeping Parker!
haha i love all those pictures! I can't wait to see you guys this weekend! Wahoo! Looks like Staucie has a ton of friends, I wouldn't have that many show up at my birthday party!
Post a Comment