Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Crawfish Boil

On the last day of April our friends invited us to their Neighborhood Crawfish Boil. After living in the South for two years, this was our first time trying crawfish. It was fun to try and seasoned well, but they were sure ugly. After enjoying our feast, the kids had hot dogs, the kids played in some races and ran around.


Parker and Jude kicking a ball around with some guy.

Staucie had fun with the water balloons.

This is Staucie in the 'bucket of water' race. You can also see Bensen in the background. I think this is where he lost sight of us and got nervous. You can tell he is nervous because his hands are in his mouth. He is also walking right through the middle of the race. Poor kid. We worry about him.

And there Bensen is watching the other kids play with his fingers in his mouth. Poor thing.

Then we went over to the inflatables where some big, mean kids were pushing kids down the slide. Luckily, our kids were okay. Probably because they didn't know them.

Silas sliding down.

Staucie sliding down.
Staucie climbing up, Parker and Silas sliding down.

Jude climbing up and Parker sliding down.

Then the kids got snow cones and checked out the fire truck.

Parker drove.

Silas, Staucie, Jude, Bensen.


I did get one picture of the back of Tami. ha ha.

Then they waited in a line that took forever, to jump on the trampoline.

Isaac went first but we didn't get his picture. He did flips on it.

This is Silas. I think he liked it.

And then Staucie had a turn...

She was excited to jump but...

...then they raised her up and she looked terrified and I thought she was going to cry.

The guys kept flinging her up and had no idea she was scared. Oh, my kids.

Parker didn't even try it. He didn't even stand in line.

I wanted to try it, but was pretty sure I weighed too much.

It was a fun and busy day! Thanks for inviting us. The kids had a blast!

1 comments:

Toni said...

This looks like so much fun. Thanks for sharing all the pictures. It makes me think the kids are growing up too fast!! They are so so so cute. I miss them tons. Bensen will grow out of it. Ask Ashley. ha It took her till Jr. High - I guess you can also ask Daniel about "my shadow". Does this mean you are real Texans now? A crawfish boil?