Monday, May 2, 2011

Grandma and Aunt Tyne at the Zoo

My mom and sister, Tyne, came to visit us for a week. We were so happy to be together again. They came just because we miss each other and I can't go to them because it costs so much for 4 plane tickets (Addie is free still), and too far to drive. The only pictures I took were of the zoo. It was our first time going to the Houston Zoo.


Me and my kids. They are adorable.
Tyne, Parker, my Mom, Bensen (who you can't see), and Staucie looking at the weird animal that looked like it was several animals in one. Forgot what it was called.

Oh, there's Bensen.

And Addie in the stroller.



Parker checking out the lioness.

The kids with Grandma and Aunt Tyne. This is towards the end of our day and the kids are looking tired. My sister is expecting her first baby, a GIRL, in July. She is a trooper with her diabetes and I am proud of how committed she is at taking good care of herself.

This big orangutan was so funny. He just sat there with his chin resting on the ledge, staring. Barely blinking. He was just hanging out while people took their picture with him. The kids were afraid he could get them at first.

"Here I am at the zoo for everyone to look at. Blah. Blah. Blah."

Thanks for coming Mom and Tyne. I miss you to pieces. I can't wait til we get together again.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

haha love that last picture! too funny

Bethany said...

So here you are in Texas in shorts visiting the zoo! Meanwhile, Sade and I were building a snowman on Saturday! Yep April 30th woke up to lots of SNOW!

Brittany said...

Oh my goodness...that orangutan made me laugh! You do have adorable kids. I love them so much!

Ashley said...

what is up with that monkey! ugly! I love the picture of you and your family. You look so pretty sheena! and you all look so tan. How exciting for tyne!