We flew to Utah the last weekend of June because my dad's father passed away. I was so sad to that Grandpa had died. I wish I could have been in Utah for his 90th birthday party. He had just had it the weekend before Father's Day, and then the morning after Father's Day, June 22nd, he passed away in his sleep.
I know that he is in a good place now. I am grateful for my knowledge of eternal families and life after death. I know that Grandpa is with my grandmother now and he is no longer suffering. I am grateful for the man that he is, that he raised up a righteous posterity, that he served the Lord, that he raised my AMAZING father and helped him become the man that he is. It was heart breaking to watch my dad during the funeral services. I cried for my dad and I cried for me and I cried for all who love him. I know that he will be exalted in heaven and that we will all be together again. Thank you Grandpa for your testimony, your example, your love, your humor, your tickles, and for our family. I/We love you.



The Utah Patriot Guard rode to the funeral on their bikes and stood in a line with flags for hours at the church and at the cemetary. It was neat to see them their in honor of my Grandpa. My dad and uncle rode their Harleys with them. My dad's bike is painted to match my Grandpa's B-17 Bomber airplane that he flew in World War 2. (I stole all these pictures from my cousin's blog, that's why they are small, because I forgot my camera, which I am still very sad about since I can't get anyone to email me their pictures.)





While in Utah we stayed at my mom's parents house. (Thanks Grandpa and Grandma for taking us all in. It was so great to see you.) It was nice to see my parents and siblings and nieces, and hang out.



The Utah Patriot Guard rode to the funeral on their bikes and stood in a line with flags for hours at the church and at the cemetary. It was neat to see them their in honor of my Grandpa. My dad and uncle rode their Harleys with them. My dad's bike is painted to match my Grandpa's B-17 Bomber airplane that he flew in World War 2. (I stole all these pictures from my cousin's blog, that's why they are small, because I forgot my camera, which I am still very sad about since I can't get anyone to email me their pictures.)




While in Utah we stayed at my mom's parents house. (Thanks Grandpa and Grandma for taking us all in. It was so great to see you.) It was nice to see my parents and siblings and nieces, and hang out.

My cousin Jessica and her husband and baby were there one night too on their way back to Rexburg, ID. Her daughter, Alaina was born the same day as Bensen. They were so different. Tyne is practicing for twins. Ha ha!

My brother Austin and is oldest daughter, Bella. She is one right now and is SO adorable. I just love one year olds.


We attempted to fly home on Sunday at noon but our plane had mechanical problems and we ended up in a hotel in Salt Lake for the night that the airline paid for. They shuttled us to the hotel and gave us meal vouchers.
Eating on the hotel floor in our room.
I was short on diapers so we attempted to walk to a store. We walked miles to an Albertsons with the kids, it was NOT fun. We did have our double stroller but Daniel carried Staucie. She fell asleep in his arms.

Eating yogurt for breakfast.

Bensen's hotel bed.

We were worried about how the kids would sleep. They shared a bed. We put pillows around them so they wouldn't fall off and tried to position them so Staucie wouldn't kick Parker. She is a WILD sleeper and he hardly moves. Daniel and I laid on the other bed in the dark while we waited for them to fall asleep, then got ready for bed and watched TV until we went to bed. The kids slept very well. I don't think I slept at all. Then the next morning we took the shuttle back to the airport and tried again. We made it home on Monday at 6:00pm. Daniel missed another day of work which was a bummer. The kids were good travelers though and it was nice to be able to go. I wish we could have stayed longer.









2 comments:
Your kids are adorable as always!!! Take care.
I'm so sorry about your loss, i loved seeing the family picture, Austins baby looks just like amy...How cute!
Post a Comment