Monday, July 20, 2009

Not My Plan

Not My Plan
My eyes long to see you
Now you behold Him
My arms ache for you
Now you know perfect love
My ears yearn for your voice
Now you sing His praises
I desire to feed you
Now you will never hunger
I anticipated the pitter-patter of your feet
Now you play at His pierced ones
I dreamed of years of love and laughter
Now you will never know pain
I loved to watch you grow and develop
Now you are perfect
This isn't how I planned
But I know He loves you
And Me.
~Monique Stam
(This poem does not pertain to us, but to people we love. I just thought it was a beautiful poem.)

6 comments:

Kim said...

That is a beautiful poem!

Henderson Family said...

You scared me there for a second. I'm glad it doesn't pertain to you, but I'm sad for those who it does pertain to. Beautiful poem.

Danielle said...

I thought this poem was so sweet on the back of little Ethan's memorial program. We must think the same because I thought about posting it on my blog, but am too slow.

Brittany said...

I love this poem and love my family so much.

Ashley said...

very sweet poem!

Dad/Larry said...

Sheena, well put.