The day after Parker's birthday, July 7th, I took these 3 kids in for their well-checks. When I scheduled the appointment, Addie was 2 weeks old and I asked the doctor if I could do them all at the same time. He said, "if you can do it, I can do it." So, we did it.
Those exam rooms are just too small for me and all 4 kids to hang out in for an hour. Things were fine until it was shot time! We were all glad it was over with, except we were told they were out of one of the vaccines so I would have to bring all the kids back in the next week to get it. They all needed it. Yippy. When we went back last Monday, Parker was not happy. He kept asking me about the shots the whole time. I tried to not tell them where we were going that afternoon, but they kept asking. Anyways, we all survived both trips to the doctor.
Addie had a rough day after the first set of shots. She screamed a lot and slept a lot. Her legs looked red and swollen and she would scream everytime she kicked or I moved her. She went 7 hours without nursing that morning after the shots and then after screaming through her nursing time I gave her Tylenol and right after she threw up all over me and herself. I gave her a warm bath and got her all warm and calmed down and gave her more Tylenol. Then she slept for a long time. Poor baby. When she got just one vaccine the next time, it wasn't so bad.
The kids love to play on our bed. They like to turn on the clock radio and jump around. Bensen has to use a chair to get on. I do not like it when he gets on. He scares me. The first time he fell off was yesterday and Daniel was on the bed too... Bensen cried and then climbed right back up again. Nothing scares him, unfortunately.All the kids were healthy. Bensen is a little underweight, but that's because he doesn't like to eat, unless it is fruit snacks. Right now he won't eat dinner. I end up feeding him green beans and bread most nights. He is my most picky eater. The other 2 didn't become picky until they were two.












1 comments:
Oh, I love these kids and miss them so much. Good for you - taking all 3 for their well checks. You'd have them there anyway, so might as well get it all over with in one visit. I say that was brave, but smart. They are adorable. Their love to dancing must be from you because I have NEVER seen Daniel dance.
Post a Comment