Independence Day
For the 4th of July weekend we had Daniel's parents visit and my Dad. We blessed Addie on Sunday and so they all came for the weekend. Ashley, Daniel's sister, was down visiting Brittany, another sister, so she was there too. We played for a few days with Daniel's parents and my dad came for just Sunday. His only day off and he was also leaving for his annual Harley ride as soon as he got home on Monday.
Sunday morning we blessed Addie and then had a BBQ at our house and then we had an early celebration for Parker's birthday with the grandparents and Aunt Ashley and their cousin Evan.
I was so glad my dad was able to come even though it was for 24 hours. It was great to see him and have him hold Addie. I think he enjoyed holding her even when she was crying :)
Gramps and Addie.
Addie was blessed in the same dress that Staucie was blessed in. My mom made it over 4 years ago. I didn't realize it was turning yellow until I put it on her. But it gives it that antiquey look like it is really old or something. I was going to save it for my sister, Tyne, but she might want a white one. ha ha.

Parker was really excited to have a party. When it was really his birthday on the 6th the kids were surprised because they thought it was already his birthday. I know I could have pretended and done all the celebrating in one day, but I felt like I was cheating him. So we just opened presents from G&G Lees, Aunt Brittany, and Great-G&G Dougherty.
Parker wanted a chocolate cake and he wanted it blue. I tried making a blue car. Staucie said it was really good, so I guess that's all that matters. As long as the kids were happy about it.
We sang happy birthday, opened presents, and then went outside to light off some fireworks that my dad bought when he got here Saturday night.


The firework show did not go well. My kids have been hearing loud fireworks outside their bedroom window since we moved here. Our neighbors buy the illegal ones and light them off all year for every holiday. Loud noises scare Parker and we couldn't convince the kids that it was fun and not too loud.











3 comments:
Loved the pictures! Hopefully the kids will get used to the loud fireworks. I loved the picture of Staucie with her hands over her ears. I am glad your dad got to come for the blessing.
ha ha!! I loved it cuz parker snuggled with me in the house! Thanks for all the fun times!! Evan and i hope to be back soon!
haha that is too cute with parker having his arms wrapped around everyone, and staucie's face is so unhappy it is cute. Your kids are growing up so fast they are adorable!
Post a Comment